I love spinach..Popeye the sailor man and I could so have been friends :)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup sweet onion, coarsely chopped (1 large)
- 2 – 14 ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 – 10 ounce box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained (I like to put mine in between paper towels and press it dry.)
- 1 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1 cup light mayonnaise dressing (do not use regular mayonnaise!)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut up (You can substitute Neuchâtel)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (I’m not a huge blue cheese fan so I go lightly or leave it out all together)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1. In a skillet cook bacon until crisp. I use turkey bacon so I tend to cook mine in the microwave for 3:30 mts. Drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon; cover and chill until ready to use. Cook onion in 1 tablespoon bacon drippings about 5 minutes or until tender.
2. In a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker combine onion, artichoke hearts, spinach, red sweet pepper, mayonnaise, cream cheese, blue cheese, garlic, and dry mustard. Stir to combine.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or until cheese melts and mixture is heated through. Stir in bacon. Serve with Stacy’s Pita chips :)