ooooWWWWWoooooEeeeeeee….my tummy has been bloated and it hurts! So I whipped out the old remedy that I swear by: spinach and carrot juice with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. It is basically like fuel injector cleaner for humans. I love apple cider vinegar. It might not smell the best in the world but it does some really neat things :)
Did you know you can use it as…
• Detox bath: a cup or two of vinegar in a warm to hot bath is a fabulous detox.
• Acne treatment: 1 part apple cider vinegar and 4 parts water in a solution dabbed on acne can help to treat your skin.
• Dandruff treatment: straight apple cider vinegar (or a 1/2 vinegar/ 1/2 water solution) poured on your scalp and massaged in for a few minutes can help with dandruff and other irritated scalp conditions.
• Doggie hotspots and itching: you can soak red paws in a vinegar water bath and let the vinegar dry on them to reduce itching, fungus and inflammation. You can also mix up a half cider vinegar-half water solution in a spray bottle to treat hotspots. Cut the hair carefully on and around the hotspot and then spray it on and re-apply often. You should have a cone on your dog to keep your dog from re-opening these spots. I also mix some in with my dog’s bath water to help get her nice and squeaky clean :)
• Pet water supplement: a spoon of cider vinegar in your dog or cat’s water or food can create a healthier digestive system and acts as a natural anti-fungal. Experiment to see if they like it in their water or food better!
• Weed killer: straight cider vinegar on weeds in the garden can help keep them at bay.
• Flower Power: fresh flowers can last longer with two teaspoons of cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons of sugar in the vase of water.
• Fruit fly trap: a bit of cider vinegar poured in a cup filled with vegetable oil can dramatically reduce fruit flier in your kitchen if you have an eruption of them in the summer. It acts like a natural magnet and the flies get trapped in the oil.
• Salad dressing: a tablespoon of cider vinegar, about 1/4 cup olive oil and some fresh garlic and herbs crushed is just about the healthiest salad dressing you can use!
• Heartburn treatment: drinking a spoonful of apple cider vinegar in water can help with heartburn. But be careful, it is very acidic so if not diluted it can cause damage to your esophagus.
• Bug bite help: a little dab of straight or partially water-diluted vinegar can take the itch out of bug bites :)
• Weight loss: Both the above salad dressing and a spoon of vinegar in a cup of water before meals can help with weight loss and help your body start craving healthier foods!
One De-Bloated Lemon :)