Well football season is back y’all! I’ve been inundated with smack talk from all opposing team fans and I love it!
So if it’s football season that means we need some hangout recipes right?
First off…the dip! My favorite is from my bff :)
Lilly’s Buffalo Chicken Dip :)
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened (to reduce calories I use Neuchâtel cheese)
1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing (I substitute low-fat options!)
1/2 cup FRANK’S® REDHOT® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK’S® REDHOT® Buffalo Wing Sauce (Tabasco sauce works wonders too!)
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cans (12.5 oz. each) SWANSON® White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
HEAT oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
MIX in salad dressing, Frank’s RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.
Now us Southern girls are busy creatures! We like to throw it in the crock pot and let it simmer for a bit. Usually Lilly will run home throw it in at lunchtime and it’s done when she gets out of class (& I get off work).
Gentleman, if you like it hot, hot, hot you can do like my brother and pour half a bottle of the hottest hot sauce you like in it. It smells so hot I think my nose hair falls out when he makes it.
Next on the list :)
Cheddar Bacon Weenies
- 1 14 – 16 ounce package beef cocktail wieners
- 12 – 16 slices of bacon, cut crosswise into thirds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (1 large)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup beer
- 1/2 16 ounce jar (about 3/4 cup)cheddar pasta sauce or one 10.75-ounce can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
The day before::
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Tightly wrap each cocktail wiener in a piece of bacon; secure with a wooden toothpick. Place in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is brown and slightly crisp. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove and discard toothpicks. Place wieners in a storage container; cover and chill overnight.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in beer, pasta sauce, hot pepper sauce, and chili powder. Transfer to a storage container; cover and chill overnight.
3. Transfer cocktail wieners and sauce mixture to a 1 1/2-quart slow cooker with a car adapter. Cover and reheat on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or until heated through.
4. Tightly cover slow cooker and tote in an insulated carrier. At the tailgating site, plug slow cooker into car adapter and keep cocktail wieners warm on warm-heat setting.
*We grabbed this recipe from a Better Homes and Garden magazine a couple of season ago :)
Kat’s Signature Dip…Zee Spinach Artichoke Dip
I love spinach..Popeye the sailor man and I could so have been friends :)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup sweet onion, coarsely chopped (1 large)
- 2 – 14 ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 – 10 ounce box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained (I like to put mine in between paper towels and press it dry.)
- 1 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1 cup light mayonnaise dressing (do not use regular mayonnaise!)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut up (You can substitute Neuchâtel)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (I’m not a huge blue cheese fan so I go lightly or leave it out all together)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or until cheese melts and mixture is heated through. Stir in bacon. Serve with Stacy’s Pita chips :)
So pack the cooler, pack the car, pick up some buddies and head out to your local high school football game tonight! Tomorrow I’ll be anxiously awaiting the Alabama game :)
One Bad Bama Jama Lemon :D